Monday, March 20, 2006

Illustration Friday: Feet




Alas, there are many highs and lows to being tall. Some of the highs are a competitive edge in basketball and reaching the top shelf of those towering kitchen cupboards. One of the lows, pictured above, is shoe shopping. All the trendy shops seem to use 12 as a cutoff size, while I'm pushing a 15.

This drawing actually happened to me yesterday in trendy Queen West in Toronto (but I was wearing socks). I'm seriously considering becoming the Cobbler of Cool after this latest incident, with sizes ranging from Tiny Tim to Shaq. Stay tuned (and stay trendy)...

5 Comments:

Blogger Erie's Argonaut said...

That's funny. My husband runs into the same problem.

1:47 PM  
Blogger steve said...

ha ha! Nice work! Love the insect too.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Ian russell said...

it brings a tear to my eye as well. :D
great submission, i like the personal story approach too.

3:13 PM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

Fun.
love

8:01 PM  
Blogger Heartful said...

That's sizism. Don't let 'em get you down. I like your drawing too.

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home